Hey Peeps

The Laxon family have created this blog to record and share our experiences in India from 2014-2015. We will take turns posting, and we will keep you updated as often as we can. We hope you enjoy reading this and hope to see you soon after we get back. Have fun reading!

Search This Blog

Friday 2 January 2015

Days 21&22- Megan

 The start of 2015 was a bitterly cold. We had to catch a bus at 8:30 so we were awake before every one else in town. We arrived in jodpur at 2:30, and were bombarded by beggars and tuktuk drivers. The place basically looked like a large rubbish dump and when I say that I don't just mean you could see a lot of rubbish because that is the norm in India but there were large piles and fields of rubbish all round the outter city. Once we reached our guest house in the nicer old city we went up for lunch which after not getting lunch for nearly an hour and a half we were expecting something great... It wasn't great it was disgusting. Let's just say we won't be rating that guest house well on Trip Advisor Then it was time to go zip lining at the jodpur fort! Dad, david and I were very nervous because all of us have never been zip lining before but we didn't need to worry because our guides were great and it was a very safely run operation. The course had six zip lines with crazy views over the fort and lakes, each zipline leading us on to the next. If you haven't been ziplinging before, I would definitely recommend it, I myself am not the most outgoing adventurous person but one of my New Years resolutions was to do something that scares me (even if it is the smallest thing) everyday and I have no regrets so far :) unfortunately to end this day on a not so pleasant note me and Joanna had very upset tummies that night and I'm not going to go into detail because trust me you don't want the know but let's just say there was not much sleep that night and we are very thankful for such a caring mum who looked after us and stayed up nearly all night just checking we were alright.

The next day we caught the bus at 7:40 to Udaipur, I still was not feeling that well so spent most of the ride sleeping on mum. We arrived at 2:30 and were taken to our hotel where we ate. Then me and Joanna rested while the others went exploring round town, looking for nice places to eat and shop. (Not much else happened after that because we were so tired and regaining our strength from the following night, to prepare ourselves for Joanna's birthday the following day).




2 comments:

  1. Just a message from Abbie wishing Joanna a happy birthday!! Hope you are having a great time and enjoy your birthday :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Megan, you look like Angelina Jolie in Tomb Raider! ;-)

    ReplyDelete